Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Heading Out to the Hardware Store-----

We're not in Connecticut, but I know this house is drafty. After reading this story in today's Times, I definitely need to get some insulating tape for the (interior) garage door, the ski closet (basically a conduit to the garage space), and the 1908 casements at the front of the house. And though our living room fireplace works, we never use it--I want to see if these fireplace plugs are permanent or not. PGE has plenty of resources to help you evaluate your electric and gas usage, by comparison to regional norms and goals, and I'm happy to refer you to a state-certified home energy usage evaluator. And our newly installed Smartmeter data-collecting meter will generate useful findings in another couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment