Friday, September 14, 2012

Bathrooms in a Box

I was at an inspection today with Sal D'Onofrio, who's a contractor when he's not doing inspections (state law creates a bright line between the two businesses).  He, who I'd trust with my life, is now an authorized installer for BathSimple.  I think I wrote a blurb on this ''bathroom in a box'' concept a year or so ago--  He said he loves doing these baths because absolutely all the pieces are in the box, clients prefer not to have to pick out every single cabinet pull (I remember when I didn't know the difference between a pull and a knob), the quality is very high (Grohe, Duravit, etc.), and the process is very clean (meaning no changing of minds, miscommunication among architect/contractor/client, etc.).  Check it out--they are Bay Area based, and Sal says they work well with older homes with non-plumb walls.

Update--I went out with CEO John Crowley this week to see three baths they've installed--one up in a traditional home in Kensington, and two in a mid-century modern home in Berkeley.  Owners were there in both cases and raved about the process.  And Paul Cerami and Canyon Builders, two other contractors I know and love, are also certified installers for BathSimple.  I'm ready to invest, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment